Saturday, December 8, 2007

Home Mangement Binder

I have gone online to see if I can find a site that shows a Home Management Binder for working women. So far, I've come up empty. There are tons of HMB for stay-at-home women, which I used to be until this year, but nothing for one who works outside the home.

I have a HMB that I have used and should really just revamp it myself. It shouldn't be hard. It would have morning chores (laundry, unload dishwasher, etc.), after school chores (dinner, fold laundry), and evening chores (including getting ready for the next day). It would also need to include Saturday chores.

1 comment:

eyelandgirl said...

Hi Susan,

I applaud your efforts and desire to live a simple life. It is harder when you are working, as you know. Here's what worked for me: I wrote out routines for morning, after work and evening and follow them regularly, but I have trouble with zone work. I don't have a big chunk of time for "heavy cleaning" as described in the SHE system. So I just work in my zones for 15 minutes at a time, as time allows. This keeps my house presentable, not perfect, but better than it would have been without it. I had to learn that it's OK to wash just one window and that cleaning out a closet takes less time if you do it more often. If I find I have a weekend afternoon with no plans, I do a large project like shampooing carpets or washing all the windows outside. It's important to keep your Godly priorities in mind, and realize that some things will just not happen. Flylady's website has some info about how others have adapted her system while working: http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlyBaby_PayRollshes.asp